Tractor Farm and Family
Sign in to follow this  
Jeffery_1965

New Family Member

Jeffery_1965

Lost our last dog almost a year ago, took some time to find a new pooch.  Here she is, all 11 wks of her.  Now I remember why I don't like puppy's teeth, ouch!  Can't wait till those little buggers fallout.  Found as a stray by the local pound, so not sure what all mix is in there, definitely some bulldog though.  Quick learner as well, hope she makes a great watch dog and family member.

Jeff

22792268_10210803001771077_1968631425244084783_o.thumb.jpg.fa37fd86f54f7b27007ce903ee3ab440.jpg

TFF Admin

Back in July I found a puppy that had been apparently hit by a car as it had a HUGE gash in its head.  He had almost NO fur, just pink skin, covered with ticks, mites, and bug bites.  Boy did he smell bad too.  He was in REALLY bad shape.  I talked to the wife as she was adamant against another dog but she went along with keeping him.  Now he is her baby. LOL!  Ludwig is REALLY smart.  He also has VERY tender feelings and gets very upset if you tell him no or in any way discipline him which is almost never.  Once you tell him something is not ok he remembers.  

Ludwig.jpg

TFF Admin

About a week ago, 2 puppies showed up at our house that someone had apparently dumped like they did Ludwig.  This time the wife put her foot down and said NO more puppies.  I tried to run them off but they just kept coming back.  I dinged them with a old wore out Daisy BB gun that is pretty weak and one ran off but the other just continued to come back.  The wife wanted me to continue running them off so I just handed her the BB gun and said that I am not going to do that anymore and felt terrible about it as it was.  I most certain did not want to shoot them and kill them.  Now we have yet another puppy named Tenacity.  She was a mess.  She had mange and just smelled terrible but after a trip to the veterinarian, shots, worming, and other treatments seems to be doing much better.  She has been in the wild for awhile and has a few bad habits that we are gradually working through with her but she is coming along.   

Tenacity.jpg

Jeffery_1965

Never did or do understand why people drop animals off randomly.  Had that happen many times as a kid, seems like we always had whole litters of cats or something wandering down the driveway.  Our experience with the local Humane Society was in my opinion much less than humane.  I would consider them right up there with the crowd they say they are working to prevent.  Our 11wk pup was spayed the day before she was placed in the "population" pens at the shelter, rolling around in her own urine.  She came home with Kennel Cough, semi-infected incision, and a jumbled up knot under her incision.  I would have been happy to pre-pay for a spay, instead of denying her the needed hormones for proper growth.  We were told to keep her away from other dogs, because of the kennel cough, yet the shelter had her located next to a dog we know had been diagnosed with kennel cough the week before.  Not very impressed with their "humane" treatment, albeit one of their Values: " Always consider the best interest of the animal, while having compassion for the owner. "

Oh well, we are happy to have her, and know she's in a much better situation now.  She's put on almost 5 pounds in the last two weeks.  How big will she be??? :)

Jeff

alleyyooper

We used to get pound pups but I put my foot down and said HELL NO, Ain't going to pay a hundred or more for a pound pup then have to spend 500.00 to 600.00 at the vets on them due to being sick.

Just buy a good dog from a reliable breeder with good references and have a dog with papers, smart as a whip and in the case of my setter no neddle teeth. so gentle she can pick up a bird and not bruise it.

Also if you didn't want the to pups why not just take them to thr shelter, why go shooting them with a BB gun. Just use a 22LR if you don't want to take them in and put them out of their misery for good.

:D     Al