alleyyooper

New L 3301 & loader.

alleyyooper    46
alleyyooper

Shopped around and had decided to hell with getting a new tractor and front loader with a hrydrlic loader. I looked at New Holland first since I was there to get a part for my 65 Ford 5000 gas. dealer was nice enough and had me run one around their yard. Priceing wa scrazy to me it seemsed. they have a work master and a boomer. Couldn't really see what was different and I wanted ag tires that seemed to pose a problem.

Next on the list was a Bronson dealer only had one tractor the size I wanted 30 to 40 HP. it was demonstrator 35HP or there abouts, No offer to start the tractor, had those construction tires on it so he gave me a price only a couple hundred below a brand new NH boomer the way I wanted it.

The Massey Ferguson was next on the list. Dealer also sold NH tractors so kept steering me away from the MF tractor to a NH boomer. He claimed they had changed the models so the 33 boomer became a 35 boomer and the 35 ws a 37. His price for the NH was really high and never did give me a price for a MF tractor.

Happened to stop at a Kubota dealer Monday after giving up on a cut tractor. Dealer had a 33HP tractor in stock gear drive and ag tires. Another with the R 4 tires and a front loader hydro.

A deal was struck for the gear drive and ag tire model and a front loader. It was delivered Yesterday with the rear tires loaded with beet juice (Rim Guard), a quick detach bucket which was not part of the deal a 650 dollar added cost.

I like the tractor a lot except two things right now. thewseatr safty switch shuts the tractor off when I turn my body to the right to look behind the tractor. I have lunch boxes that are bigger than what they call a tool box. 

First order of bussiness was to get the Ford 5000 back to thr house I had ran out of gas and it would not start.

003.jpg

007.jpg

NO I am not smiling.

009.jpg

Look Ma no

bucket trip rod, I can dump a load slow.

008.jpg

:D      Al

TFF Admin    41
TFF Admin

Nice looking machine Al!  VERY wise choice steering away from the New Holland Boomer tractors.  In years past, I have read too many stories about this line of tractors breaking in half under certain circumstances.  It could have been due to abuse by the owner.  I know a friend who's son broke his John Deere compact tractor in half abusing it driving fence posts.  Anything can be broken if abused enough.  Perhaps New Holland has addressed and fixed this issue by now.

I know EXACTLY what you mean about the prices of tractors.  I was recently looking for a larger tractor and walked away with sticker shock every place I looked.  Think I will make my John Deere last as long as I can.  :tractor:    I will have to admit that the Kubota M7060 and 8560 with the Ultra Grand Cab did draw my attention.  What has driven me away from all of the tractors in the above 26 hp class is that they are nearly all equipped with a DPF and EGR system.  Some require the use DEF fluid.  Not sure I want to get into that mess.  

I think you are going to really like the Kubota.  For one thing, going from gas to diesel is so much better in my opinion and for many reasons.  Another is going from 2 wheel to 4 wheel drive is huge step making life a bit easier.  Kubota's are VERY reliable and hold up over time.  I am delighted with my Kubota  RTVX 1100C.  Many years ago I owned a Kubota L245.  Its as a great little tractor but was 2 wheel drive.  The newer Kubota's are not nearly as cold natured and reluctant to start without cold starting aids as the older models.  After owning a John Deere 4410 for with the eHydro transmission for 15 years, it has been a great tractor but I think I would not get another eHydro transmission and would also go with a gear manual shift transmission maybe with a power reverser option of some sort.  

I just got my Kubota RTVX 1100C back from the dealer for it's second service at 300 hours and do add a few accessories and address a few minor issues.  I decided to try the Kubota Super UDT2 and it seems to have made a notable improvement in how the hydro-static transmission operates.  I also changed the engine oil over to synthetic (Shell Rotella T6 Full Synthetic).  I think both of these changes will also work better in cold Winter temperatures.  

Great choice and congratulations on the new tractor Al!  :happy34::toast:

alleyyooper    46
alleyyooper

Made some mods to it, first and formost was the seat saftey switch. 

What saftey switch?

001.jpg

Made more but do not have the time right now.

:D  Al

TFF Admin    41
TFF Admin

That seat safety switch can be a real pain in the butt sometimes.  

alleyyooper    46
alleyyooper

Replaced that pencle box Kubota calls a tool box.

I made some brackets to hold the new bigger tool box in place and support it, two when inside to give the bolts support. Didn't want the bolts to pull thru the plastic of the box. Also the underneith support brackets were made longer deliberty so I could add hooks to them.

006.jpg

007.jpg

012.jpg

011.jpg

Those hooks are handy to hang rhe 3 PT draw bar on when not used and in the way.

003.jpg

Also found the other day when I had the bucket full of fire wood is a good place to hang the chain saws.

Next up is chain saw scabbards I will mount some place, possibly on the ROPS some place.

Found I need some  more weight when the bucket is full of fire wood. Found a cast wheel center from a Massey Harris 44 about 350 pounds worked well hanging off the 3 PT draw bar. I do need to adjust the mount bolt how ever.

003.jpg

003.jpg

:D     Al