Tractor Farm and Family
Sign in to follow this  
bontai Joe

Hardware store in Brodheadsville, PA going out of business Auction

flman

I would end up with more stuff to forget where it is or that I even have it when needed. But thanks for the heads up.

And where has bontai Joe been hiding?

TFF Admin

Looks like there might be some interesting stuff to buy but it is too far from me.  The shipping charges would eat up any savings on a good deal.   Might be a good auction to pay attention to if you are near that area though.  :happy34:

bontai Joe

It's 3 miles from my house, so I plan on going if I can my body moving in the morning. I'm getting pretty crippled up in my old age.

bontai Joe

Well, I went to the hardware store auction. I wasn't sure how they were going to sell everything, but they sold all the stuff in LARGE lots. And I wasn't thrilled about the 10% buyers premium when paying cash and 13% if using credit on top of 6% sales tax (A $100 item gonna cost $119?). After watching for a while, I soon realized that I had no use for 36 gallons of paint or 300 pounds of nails, so I left after 20 minutes. Paint was going for about $1.50 to $2 a gallon in lots of 10 to 40 gallons in quart and one gallon cans. I suppose it is a great deal for a professional painter. It was cold, my knees hurt and it wasn't gonna be a good day for me physically. I shoulda brought a folding chair. Oh well, didn't cost me anything but a little gas to drive there and less than an hour of time, and I got out of the house for a little bit.

TFF Admin

Cheap exterior paint is a delight to find for beekeepers.  :)