TFF Admin

My Father Passed Away April 6, 2017

7 posts in this topic

After more than 85 years, my father went home to be with the Lord and his beloved wife whom he missed more than words can describe.  We held a beautiful full military funeral for him complete with an honor guard, gun salute squad, and a live bugler......all of this complimented with a low pass fly over by a WWII era Navy SNJ also known as a T6 Texan.  All is well with his soul.  

Sorry to hear about your loss, sounds like it was quite the funeral for a man who served the USA?

Thanks for the reply Bob.  My father was a Navy man.  The SNJ/T6 Texan was a Navy WWII era trainer.  Loosing both of my parents in such a short time (about 8 months has been a huge jolt and shock to my sister and I)  We knew it was coming but not quite so soon. 

Hang in there Randy, I lost my father a couple of years ago, and my mother a couple of decades ago. Eventually time heals all.

Sorry to hear of your loss.  I can tell how proud of him you are for his service.  I pray for healing for you and your family.

Regretfully,

Fred

Sorry to hear of your loss. My mom passed in Feb, 2013 and my dad just recently went into assisted living. He is in reasonably good physical health for a guy 81, but he is forgetting stuff, like when to eat, and who I am. It's tough for me to watch the older generation pass and realize that I are now taking their place as one of the family elders.

Thank you ALL for the kind words.  Mom & Dad went through a tremendous struggle to live and a great amount of suffering.  Cancer, strokes, heart attacks took a great toll on them.  Through it all they kept a smile and a strong will to hang in there.  They are at peace now and I have faith they are with each other, MUCH happier than they were for the 8 months they were apart after 64 years of marriage.  

I can see on the horizon (at least speaking for myself) that day will in due time and MUCH quicker than I expect come upon me.  In less than a year I will be 60.  It seems like time passes faster as I grow older........not complaining, just an observation.  If the next 10 years passes as fast as the last.........I believe we will ALL be on that "door step".  It is a time that I pray we All value with our family, friends, and most importantly our spiritual walk with and to God, the Son, and Holy Spirit.  A time for laying up lasting treasure in Heaven and understanding that material wealth and treasure in this world in temporary, fleeting, and meaningless in the long run of our spiritual lives.  Some day we shall all meet again!  

flman likes this