Tractor Farm and Family
TFF Admin

What Is The Best Modern Utility Tractor Ever Built?

TFF Admin

My John Deere 4410 is just not up to the task of lifting and hauling 1,500 lb. totes of Ultra Bee Dry Pollen Substitute Feed and doing some of the heavier duty field tilling tasks.  I have been trying to make do with it but eventually this is bound to tear something up.  

I was considering a larger MFWD tractor but have TOTAL STICKER SHOCK/CARDIAC ARREST over the prices I am seeing at the John Deere dealer.  Perhaps something used but in good condition may be a better choice.  I am looking at something in the 65 - 90 hp range.  

This may help to stir up some good discussion here as well.......I will look forward to the replies.  :happy34:

What is the best modern utility tractor ever built that would fall within this sector of the tractor market?    

flman

I would try and go with something used, pre BS emissions non compliant. If you buy new, you will need to get a tune, plus pay for all the crap you will later delete.

Why not go with a full AG tractor and stop playing with the toys once and for all, leave that to the novices like me. :evilgrin:

TFF Admin
On 3/29/2017 at 7:54 AM, flman said:

I would try and go with something used, pre BS emissions non compliant. If you buy new, you will need to get a tune, plus pay for all the crap you will later delete.

Why not go with a full AG tractor and stop playing with the toys once and for all, leave that to the novices like me. :evilgrin:

I am definitely aiming for a used tractor of the description you mention. Utility tractors are full ag tractors.  I don't need something as big as a full sized row crop tractor.  From what I have been searching around and pricing, I may just go with a full sized row crop tractor our family has once they are done with it or have no more use for it.  I am beginning to think the price of shipping it will we worth it.  The price of pretty much any decent sized tractor has gone into the stratosphere in the past 10 years.  

TFF Admin

No doubt but it may be awhile before I can get the tractor shipped.  

TFF Admin

After repeated incidents of sticker shock and taking into account the few times I have actually needed to lift over 1,200 lbs., I decided to try a 3 pt. hitch fork for the interim.  If this will get what I need done, then it will pretty much pay for itself vs. buying another tractor.  I went with the AgriSupply 3 pt. hitch:

http://www.agrisupply.com/pallet-forks/p/72511/