alleyyooper

2016 Ariens Sno Tec

6 posts in this topic

First look on the show room floor I though the chute isn't very tight.
In use the chute really does suck. All kinds of leakage where the chute hooks to the impeller body. Tilt the deflector and more snow leaking covering the top of the engine and it isn't vibrating off.
Go back to the level concrete and rejust the shoes, I did it at 3/8 of an inch that should work on my gravel drive with out picking up to many stones.

Good things are the impeller lock so you can one hand crank the chute and adjust the deflector. Bad thing is the right hand is free and the crank is on the left side but still reachable. Thing chewed up and threw the end of drive way snow a good 35 feet and maybe more. Even with the pins set so it was two wheel drive it was easy to turn at the end of the run.
I would recommend this machine if you don't want to spend a bunch of money.

To change speeds you have to release the handle grip set the speed to a new notch then squeeze the hand grip again. I do not have to stop to increase the speed on my 1969 MTD.

Filename_0.jpg[/img]

Nice looking machine.  What does one of those things cost?  Fortunately we don't get much snow and no justification for a snow thrower.........but if I did, I have gotten so spoiled with my Kubota RTVX 1100 that I would have to go with something like this :) :

Cost a lot less if you buy it in the summer and a WHOLE LOT less than that Kubota thing.

I got it for our walking paths, to the honey house, the pole barn and compost pile.  

:D   Al

What you have should definitely get the job done.  :happy34:

It does OK but the 1969 MTD I have at my mother in laws is a bunch better. I need to add some weight on this one I don't think studding the tires will help much.

:D    Al

I have an old Craftsman Track Drive, it is 3rd generation passed down from my 2 older brothers that moved to the south. I have not used it in 2 years, use it mainly for yard paths when the snow gets to deep to want to get my tractor plow involved. It does move along like a tank, no spinning like the 2 wheelers.