Mopar1973Man

My Little Automotive Repair Shop

9 posts in this topic

I'm out here in Idaho and manage to create repair shop for Dodge Cummins trucks. So far its been a busy fall and winter. Like this weekend I had a friend wanting to barrow the shop so he could fix cooler lines on his Chevy truck. So I figured I would share my tiny shop here.

DSCF3569.thumb.JPG.b61d1bcc9fbb04bfef570DSCF3568.thumb.JPG.d5c190ad99cc77a05ad1a

This spring I plan on degreasing the floor and resealing it. Then instead of concrete water based paint. I'm going to just use a good quality oil based paint. I'm going to repaint the floor white again. That is so nice to have a bright white floor. Then when your working you light reflects under the truck and there is very little shadows or need for shop lights while you under a vehicle. Drop something on the floor... No biggy it shows up on the bright white floor quick. Missed a fitting? No bigger you'll see leaks quick.

flman likes this

Actually I remember a few years back when you painted the floor, looks like you used it quite a bit?

Cheap ___ water based paint!?! Any oil or anything spilled on it would make it peel right up.

I painted my apiary equipment storage building with this paint that I bought at Lowes.  It dries to a very tough and durable finish.  I diluted the first coat with 1 pint of paint thinner to each gallon of paint.  After that dried to a tack, I painted on 2 more coats.  It is oil based, cheap and works well.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_46516-4-057.0002000.007___?Ntt=item+%23%3A+46516&UserSearch=item+%23%3A+46516&productId=3343608#:+46516

flman and Mopar1973Man like this

Much more in my price range. I would most likely do it in bright white though...

Here are the pictures, my van was setting for a week with no ECU since I had to send it out for a bench flash, and the blizzard delayed my one day shipping to almost a full week all told.

IMG_20160127_142121.jpg

IMG_20160127_142110.jpg