Deberosa

Hemp

5 posts in this topic

Now that I am officially out of the tree business entirely, I have a field to use for a new crop.  I already have a few acres in gourds, and working at Virginia Tech I have the idea that I want to try to get into experimental Hemp.  The stuff grows like a weed from what I know and getting in on this new market at the start might be a good thing...   I got the contacts at Tech for getting started - so we'll see how far I get in breaking into this new crop.

Yes, it's definitely different, just government controlled.   The thing is that since it's controlled it's in great demand which I think would make it a profitable crop if I'm able to get in on the testing here.  Not only that, it would bring more people to my store just to see this new plant growing.  That's my thought anyhow!

For as versatile as it is, you would think it would be legal, but that would require common sense.

At one point in the FUSA history, hemp was one of the largest crops grown.  It was used for rope, clothing, and a host of other applications.  The "War on freedom, the now failed Constitution, private property, morality, and common sense" aka "The War On Drugs" is the primary reason Fedzilla forbids growing hemp.  They are afraid growers will conceal the high THC varieties of hemp in with the crops of commercial hemp and will not be able to tax and control it.