Tractor Farm and Family
Mopar1973Man

Hustler Raptor

Mopar1973Man

Here is what I've got for a Hustler Zero Turn. Rather new with only 6.3 hours on the clock.

DSCF6701.thumb.JPG.a5e8b244cdc6c5f6faacaDSCF6702.thumb.JPG.c2fdd0fa5775b3fbf3d08DSCF6705.thumb.JPG.616e6e1ab275af1f68a32

TFF Admin

Sweet!  Make sure you are using ethanol free gas and you have treated the tank of gas you put it up for the Winter with Stabil double dose.  Be sure to run that fuel through the engine for several minutes to make sure the Stabil treated gas in also in the carb.  Otherwise you will be in for a nasty and aggravating surprise next Spring. 

Looks like you have gotten a cut or two on it.  How do you like it so far?

Mopar1973Man

Ethanol Free...Not happening yet but really soon. All I can do is use premium unleaded for now. I've been using it for mulching the leaves in the yard for the last month. As for performance it fast cutting really easy to get use to. I can now cut the lawn in about 15 minutes compared to one full hour on the old lawn mower doing circle laps which you had to drive slower to cut it even and nice. Now it full throttle and both sticks forward and back and forth you go. As for pivoting and turning it takes a bit of practise to do it without ripping up the lawn or doing burnouts in the grass. Working on slopes you really have to cut your speed way down and turning is rather tricky at times. Being the front two wheel are just on casters and if one rear tire starts to spin or slip then the nose it going to take the shorts route to the low spot or down the slope.

Total was right near $3000 for the lawn mower. The hour meter was added for free from the dealer. It also programmed for me so to notify me when maintenance is due it will light up for me. Just need a heavy magnet to reset the light.

Mopar1973Man

LOL. That list isn't correct. I know Riggins, ID stations are selling ethanol fuel. Same with New Meadows they post there ethanol free signs but I know the truth of who delivers the fuel. I know the Maverik in McCall is clear gasoline but that just too far to drive back and forth for fuel not to mention clear gas is typically same price as premium or higher. All you got to do is ask the delivery man what he's dropping on the tank he'll know. I know the Chevron in Riggins is getting ready to remodel and add a clear gas storage tank.

flman

On my generator with a Tecumseh, all I do to store it, is let it run till it is out of gas, I test it every fall with about a pint of gas until it runs out. I do not know if that Kohler has diaphragms in the carburetor, or if it is a float type like Tecumseh?

Mopar1973Man

I've been firing it up about once a week and leaving it run awhile. I really can't store it in the shop. Just not enough room. So the weekly run the battery has a chance to charge up. I really do want to add a quarter turn shut off valve to the fuel line. That way you can shut the fuel off run it dry. That's how I do all my generators and my wood splitter.

flman

The only other gasoline power equipment I have is my Stihl chain saw, and my Ryobi multi tool with attachable string trimmer/blower/tiller, I never drain the gas out of any of them, they have to be ready when I need them.

Mopar1973Man

My 2 Stihl Chainsaws have always been stored with fuel in the tank. The one saw is 046 and it nearly 20 years old and no issues from storing fuel in the tank. The newer 461 stihl is living the same life right next the older chain saw.

So as for storing fuel in the lawn mower, wood splitter etc. Never had any issues. But I just don't park them and leave them for long periods. All machinery needs to be exercised.

flman

I forgot my pressure washer, only use that in the winter to wash off road salt, but never drain or treat the gas either. Snow blower is setting with last winters gas as well. I guess I forgot all about my winter equipment.

TFF Admin
On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2015‎ ‎5‎:‎18‎:‎27‎, Mopar1973Man said:

LOL. That list isn't correct. I know Riggins, ID stations are selling ethanol fuel. Same with New Meadows they post there ethanol free signs but I know the truth of who delivers the fuel. I know the Maverik in McCall is clear gasoline but that just too far to drive back and forth for fuel not to mention clear gas is typically same price as premium or higher. All you got to do is ask the delivery man what he's dropping on the tank he'll know. I know the Chevron in Riggins is getting ready to remodel and add a clear gas storage tank.

I still ask about the gas being ethanol free when I call the station to verify or pull in to fill up my cans.  They do tend to change from time to time. 

TFF Admin
On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2015‎ ‎6‎:‎59‎:‎29‎, Mopar1973Man said:

I've been firing it up about once a week and leaving it run awhile. I really can't store it in the shop. Just not enough room. So the weekly run the battery has a chance to charge up. I really do want to add a quarter turn shut off valve to the fuel line. That way you can shut the fuel off run it dry. That's how I do all my generators and my wood splitter.

I leave a battery tender charger/maintainer of all of my batteries including the riding mowers.  Those little batteries are getting pricey! 

TFF Admin
On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2015‎ ‎10‎:‎22‎:‎09‎, Mopar1973Man said:

My 2 Stihl Chainsaws have always been stored with fuel in the tank. The one saw is 046 and it nearly 20 years old and no issues from storing fuel in the tank. The newer 461 stihl is living the same life right next the older chain saw.

So as for storing fuel in the lawn mower, wood splitter etc. Never had any issues. But I just don't park them and leave them for long periods. All machinery needs to be exercised.

I do my Stihl O-66 and MS-192T the same way.  Although I treat all of my small engine gas with Stabil and I use Stihl 2 stroke oil.   I have had my O-66 since 1993 and it still runs like the day I bought it.  :happy34:

TFF Admin
On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2015‎ ‎11‎:‎38‎:‎35‎, flman said:

I forgot my pressure washer, only use that in the winter to wash off road salt, but never drain or treat the gas either. Snow blower is setting with last winters gas as well. I guess I forgot all about my winter equipment.

Don't let it set for too long.  If it goes more than 1 season without being used, I would vacuum the gas out of the tank and replace it with fresh gas. 

Mopar1973Man

Funny you should bring this up. I just had it fired up today and kick the throttle about 50% and left it run for at least 10 minutes. Then hopped in the seat and rolled it around a bit. Then allowed it to idle for a short span and shut it down.