Tractor Farm and Family
TFF Admin

Mr. Cooney Passed Away Yesterday

TFF Admin

Our beloved Mr. Cooney died yesterday. :frown:

We found him in his dog house dead in his bed.

He came to us about 10 years ago when someone dumped him off on the road side by our farm. He had a deformed lower jaw and almost no teeth and the few he had were Billibob teeth.

He was a champion Armadillo dispatcher. We took him in and he was the best and most kind, loving dog you could ever want. Very vigilant, always the first to bark when visitors arrived. A really good boy and loyal friend.

The wife and I buried him this morning in a special place where he can rest in peace. He will surely be missed by all of us here on the farm.

Mr. Cooney is the white and tan hound in the center of the picture.

post-376-144848479366_thumb.jpg

Pepsiboy
Our beloved Mr. Cooney died yesterday. :frown:

We found him in his dog house dead in his bed.

He came to us about 10 years ago when someone dumped him off on the road side by our farm. He had a deformed lower jaw and almost no teeth and the few he had were Billibob teeth.

He was a champion Armadillo dispatcher. We took him in and he was the best and most kind, loving dog you could ever want. Very vigilant, always the first to bark when visitors arrived. A really good boy and loyal friend.

The wife and I buried him this morning in a special place where he can rest in peace. He will surely be missed by all of us here on the farm.

Mr. Cooney is the white and tan hound in the center of the picture.

Sorry for your loss. Over the years we have lost several of our "KIDS" (some folks call them dogs), and it is NEVER easy. EVERY one of them has a special place in our hearts. You will never get over the loss, BUT you will move on. Maybe someday you will be lucky enough to fall in love with another. :happy34::2c:

Dave

Farmwithjunk

In my years, I've lost friends, family, and a few dogs. For the most part, the loss of the dogs were as hard to take as many of the people. They command a very special place in our lives. Most people see how much pets depend on us. Only the luckiest of us see how much we depend on them. They keep us sane. They keep us grounded. Mostly, they're just our most loyal friends we'll ever know.

Deberosa

Sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my Martha (14 year old Basset Hound) this summer. Her heart just gave out but she was bouncing out to the gate up until the very end.

How did your other dogs react? My Jake was acting weird for days before Martha passed, he would push his way through fences and gates like they were nothing. He stopped after Martha was gone. He seemed to know his friend was not well far before I could tell.

flman
Sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my Martha (14 year old Basset Hound) this summer. Her heart just gave out but she was bouncing out to the gate up until the very end.

How did your other dogs react? My Jake was acting weird for days before Martha passed, he would push his way through fences and gates like they were nothing. He stopped after Martha was gone. He seemed to know his friend was not well far before I could tell.

I have heard that dogs can even tell when a human is going to die soon.