Tractor Farm and Family
Deberosa

Gourd Art

Deberosa

Here are my first attempts at Gourd art! I am still working on two others that I plan to enter into the show.

This is a bird house with commercial patterns:

IMG_5020_zps49743d4e.jpg

Still need to put in the perch:

IMG_5019_zps608c4767.jpg

This is a gourd from my garden and my drawing. Joe does the wood burning on my drawing and then I do the painting.

IMG_5018_zps7f5d2122.jpg

IMG_5017_zps26cd4f7b.jpg

Another of my own gourds, I don't quite like the blue background - won't do that again. ;-) These gourds I tossed in the back of the garage two years ago - just getting around to working with them!

IMG_5016_zps3a102001.jpg

This one is going into the show. An abstract vase:

IMG_5015_zps6b0e726f.jpg

This one has a sponge painted background and pine needles woven along the edge. One of my first attempts.

IMG_5014_zpse182ec0b.jpg

Another first attempt:

IMG_5013_zps3b3cafb4.jpg

I sort of like the way this one turned out:

IMG_5012_zpsfe942153.jpg

That's it for now!

Mickey
Here are my first attempts at Gourd art! I am still working on two others that I plan to enter into the show.

This is a bird house with commercial patterns:

IMG_5020_zps49743d4e.jpg

Still need to put in the perch:

IMG_5019_zps608c4767.jpg

This is a gourd from my garden and my drawing. Joe does the wood burning on my drawing and then I do the painting.

IMG_5018_zps7f5d2122.jpg

IMG_5017_zps26cd4f7b.jpg

Another of my own gourds, I don't quite like the blue background - won't do that again. ;-) These gourds I tossed in the back of the garage two years ago - just getting around to working with them!

IMG_5016_zps3a102001.jpg

This one is going into the show. An abstract vase:

IMG_5015_zps6b0e726f.jpg

This one has a sponge painted background and pine needles woven along the edge. One of my first attempts.

IMG_5014_zpse182ec0b.jpg

Another first attempt:

IMG_5013_zps3b3cafb4.jpg

I sort of like the way this one turned out:

IMG_5012_zpsfe942153.jpg

That's it for now!

Debbie, from the text it sounds like you intended to include a couple pics. Don't see any. My eye sight isn't that good any more but it is NOT that bad either. :D

Now that I've included your post as a quote I see you did include links but they are not showing up.

Mickey

Still can't see them this morning. :confused2: Wonder what's wrong???

Hummm! opened up another browser, firefox this time and the links are working. This is a first for me.

Oh, nice work.

Doug, copied one of the links and opened up a new tab and pasted in the link. Went to photobucket, things looked OK but pics were blank. This message was given.

"We're sorry, we cannot find the page you requested.

Please check the URL for correct spelling and capitalization.

We thank you for your patience. If you have any questions, please visit us at photobucket.com or contact your Photobucket team. We are here to help"

Also when I moved the mouse over what should have been the pic a small window opened up saying "Javascript void". Opened up the Java script and the tool I was using highlighted the line with the above text.

Most likely something to do with Opera. Opera is a stickler about following stds and won't deviate for errors that others are fine with when the stds are not followed.

Oh, here is what is in the address bar when going to the photobucket link.

http://s22.beta.photobucket.com/user/deberosa/media/Photobucket%20Desktop%20-%20DEBEROSA/Pictures/2013-02-10/javascript:void(0);

Any idea what's going on?

Edited by Mickey

SHARTEL

Wow, Debbie -

I would hate to pick a favorite as they're all so very nice.

I do like the birdhouse and visualize little birds peeking out. Even if it isn't actually intended for bird occupancy :>).

Deberosa

Thank you for the compliments. The next two will be my special projects for the show - they are coming along pretty well - they better since I have to finish them this weekend! :shocked3:

Mickey, I don't know what could be happening. Photobucket was having issues last night but seemed fine this morning.

SHartel, That is a real bird house! THe birds like these and they actually sell plastic versions for purple martin houses. I still need to put a perch on this one but other than that it's ready to go! I might turn the smaller ones into bird houses upon request so people have a choice. Just drill a hole, clean it out and add a perch.

Debbie

Deberosa

Thanks everyone, I got my entry in to the art show but don't know yet if I've been "accepted".

Here are the three pieces I entered:

This is a sort of free form gourd:

IMG_5033_zpsc858de73.jpg

FreeFormMetalic2_zpsccdcee5b.jpg

FreeFormMetalic1_zps5f95bf09.jpg

This is my first attempt at Inlay work:

IMG_5030_zps98a75767.jpg

IMG_5028_zpseab88c09.jpg

And this is my four seasons gourd container:

IMG_5027_zpsf13ef9c8.jpg

IMG_5024_zpse274ec1e.jpg

FourSeasons1_zpsbc948c4e.jpg

Mickey

Looking good Debbie. Oh, and this AM I can see the pictures, all of them. :D

Debbie, is the intent just to win the BIG blue ribbon or are you intending to sell them?

Deberosa

Thanks Mickey,

These are sort of my "market test" to see if there is an interest. I was able to include and Artist Statement which points to my new web site www.deberosa.com. It doesn't have much on it right now but at least I have the basic format set up and a place for "for sale". I hope to have an experimental sale at my new "studio" over Memorial Day weekend which is right after this show is open.

There are no prizes for this show - I put on some experimental prices for these pieces to see if they sell but more importantly wanted to see if there was an interest in this art locally.

Not quitting my day job yet but it's in the grand plan. ;-) THis has been the closest I've come to making that a reality.