Tractor Farm And Family  

Go Back   Tractor Farm And Family > HOBBIES & AREAS OF INTERESTS! > Recreational & Off Road Vehicles!

Recreational & Off Road Vehicles! Discuss your various off road and recreational modes of transporation & operation!

Old 12-31-2012, 03:49 PM
Super Moderator

Deberosa will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Deberosa
New Massimo UTV

Finally my new UTV has arrived! Here are some pictures. Notice Jake has already gotten the passenger seat full of foot prints. ;-)

[IMG]http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b340/deberosa/Photobucket%20Desktop%20-%20DEBEROSA/Pictures/Massimo%2020121231/IMG_27
59.jpg[/IMG]
It has storage under the driver seat and also in the center.

Bucket teeth and bucket hooks
Old 12-31-2012, 04:18 PM
Administrator
Apprentice Tree Farmacist

TFF Admin is on a distinguished road
Kewl!!! I can't wait to hear the reviews on this machine as you get some time and useage on it. These are VERY practical and useful for around the farm. They are nearly an identical knock off of the Yamaha Rino. It will be very interesting to see how well they perform and hold up compared to the real thing. Even if they require a little more maintenance and upkeep, that is worth the MUCH cheaper sale price in my opinion.

Nice lookin' machine Deb! Congratualtions on the new toy!

I have a feeling this thread will be VERY popular and have a huge viewership.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
George Washington

"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer

tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito

Old 12-31-2012, 05:32 PM

Dougster is on a distinguished road
Damn nice!!! I totally approve!

Congratulations!!!

Dougster
Old 12-31-2012, 06:18 PM
Super Moderator

Just got in from a test drive. ;-) Been tearing around for over an hour!

Joe put slime in all of the tires and reduced the pressure from 30 pounds to the recommended 10 pounds! I ran it all around this property tonight! Getting more comfortable with handling it. Has high and low beam lights on it. Even drove it to the corner of the property I have seldom been to!

Also -with the roof and windshield it was about 35 degrees out and I didn't get cold at all! Starts right up since it is fuel injected.

I'm a happy camper. ;-)
Old 12-31-2012, 07:16 PM
Super Moderator

Mickey is on a distinguished road
Very nice Debbie. With only an acre, I can't justify something like that.

Has been snowing here for a couple hrs. Coming down lightly but with temp at 35 it is accumulating. Still can see the grass but everything starting to take on a white look to it.

"democracy" will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." :Thomas Jefferson

May the most you wish for be the lest you get, but work for it. : Ray Briem
Old 01-31-2013, 03:39 PM

adam@Massimo is on a distinguished road
MassimoMotor

Glad to see you enjoying your new Massimo MSU-500UTV They are great and will go ANYWHERE. Any questions you have let me know and I can help!
The tire air pressure might need lil more. I run mine at 15-17psi i know it says 7-10 but you can run into the problem of the tire breaking its bead and dismounting itself if put in a bind. (Mud hole or hill climbing)

Adam Wiley
Tech/Parts Support
Office: 972-893-3170
Cell: 469-230-4867
Fax: 214-540-1163
Email: Adam@massimomotor.com
Old 01-31-2013, 03:43 PM
Super Moderator

Hey Adam! Just the guy I need to talk to!

So far everythign works great... Except the horn! THe linkage is not there for the horn to work. Joe looked it up and it looks like one part controls the horn and the lights etc. Is that correct? Guess I'll need to get that part and if Joe ever gets out from under the flood can replace that entire part - he thinks I should have a horn. ;-)

I love this machine - it's opened up what I can do with my property and the dogs love running alongside it.

Debbie
Old 02-01-2013, 03:24 PM

adam@Massimo is on a distinguished road
WTY Claim

No Problem..
send me Vin# and engine number
engine number is under driver seat on a white sticker on clutch cover
starts with HS...
shipping info will be needed to so might be best to give me a call.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:35 AM
Administrator

Its been almost 2 months Debbie. How is the Massimo holding up and what are your impressions so far?

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
George Washington

"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Last edited by TFF Admin; 02-26-2013 at 05:47 PM.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:16 PM
Super Moderator

I love my Massimo! I go riding with the dogs running along with me in the evenings when it's not raining or snowing!

Joe has it all fixed up - put extra lights on the front and back. The front ones operate on a switch. He also fixed the horn so now there is a button for it.

You have to know that you must put the parking break on in order to put it in reverse. That's odd but it works once you follow instructions.

Joe's made roads all through the woods and we go riding when he is here just for the fun of it. Also haul things from one house to the other or haul stuff around the yard. It's very muddy in one spot in the woods but it goes right through it throwing mud all over. ;-)

Only problem now is they gave me the wrong title! I am pestering tractor supply to set that right. Joe looked at the vehicle to send the number to Adam and found out it doesn't match. So they are ordering a new title for me, should be in soon.

Oh, I also made an enclosure with clear plastic and Velcro with a border of camo canvas. When it's on and the little heater I got is on it's nice inside even when it's in the teens outside.

I'm sure it will get even more use as the weather improves!
Old 02-26-2013, 07:25 PM

flman is on a distinguished road
Glad to hear you are enjoying it. I would get one myself if I had a use for it.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:49 PM

NCAG1 is on a distinguished road
Deberosa-

First, congrats on the Massimo! I have some questions about this company since in about a year I will be in the market for a UTV and doing all my research now.

I figure you have put this machine through the paces by now and wondered the following:

- Has the machine performed well mechanically and if not what were your issues and how did Massimo do as a company to repair or rectify the issue?

- Have you used the 4WD on the machine and does it pull well when engaged?

- Does the single piston engine pull with ease; and when hauling how does it do under a load?

- Is there anything that you think is a big issue Massimo should change on their UTV's?

I have researched the following as potential buys:

1- Polaris Ranger 800

2- Yamaha Rhino in similar cc size.

The two above have a cult following and are workhorses and wonder if for roughly $4k less in price if the Massimo could be an option.

Thank you-
Mike
Old 05-21-2013, 06:19 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome Mike!

Not one problem with the Massimo and I use it a lot! Joe had a Rhino and he swears it's identical(he gave it to his daughter).

The horn did not work - as you can see in this thread the company was very willing to fix it. Except when I went to get the serial number found out I had the wrong title! Took a while to get that straightened out but Tractor Supply made it good. I have a good title and in the meantime Joe hooked up the horn and also a light in back and two lights in the top!

I made a cover out of clear plastic and using heavy duty Velcro and it worked great in the winter.

Got stuck once. Joe has made roads all over in my woods and it crosses the creek in two places. Got hooked on a log but the winch pulled it out.

I don't have anything to compare to but Joe owned a Rhino for years and says he would never pay the extra for the Rhino given how this is so similar.

It's worked out really well for me.

Debbie
Old 05-21-2013, 06:26 PM
Super Moderator

Oh - if I would change anything on the Massimo it would be the doors! They are hard to open - still need more adjusting. The dump bed is stiff also but don't use it to dump very much.

Some other enhancements is we put slime in the tires and put chains on the tail gate instead of the plastic pieces. Also took off those U shaped guards on the seats - what a pain! Got a cigarette lighter run heater and with the closed in cab made it nice for rides in the winter time. ;-) I have a heavy hand made trailer and do tow it around with no problem with loads in it.

Another feature is you have to put the parking break on to get it to go into reverse. That was an issue to figure out for a while! It's a safety thing. Once in a while we can't get it into reverse right away - have to go forward a bit first? Especially when pointed down hill it seems. Hasn't been a big deal here. Other than that it runs great!
Old 05-21-2013, 06:40 PM

Thank you for the quick reply and great to hear the Massimo is working out great. I will continue to do my research but this for the price may just rank up there in the end on which gets the nod!
Old 05-21-2013, 07:56 PM
Administrator

Welcome to the forum Mike!

Looks like you and I both are carefully following Debbies Massimo experience. I am thinking about buying one myself but for the time being have a few more semesters of college tuition to pay for the kids.

George Washington

Old 05-22-2013, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFF Admin View Post
Welcome to the forum Mike!

Looks like you and I both are carefully following Debbies Massimo experience. I am thinking about buying one myself but for the time being have a few more semesters of college tuition to pay for the kids.
Exactly. Very curious to this machines performance and reliability. Paying for college and being drained! I know what you mean.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:56 AM

BTW TFFAdmin thanks for the welcome! I hope to glean alot of UTV information as well as tractor information since I will be in the market for a tractor too. I wish I could win the lottery so the finances would not be an obstacle.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:24 PM

Balloonjuice is on a distinguished road
I see that this thread went dead almost a year ago, but I wonder if anyone else has had more experience with either the Massimo 500 from Tractor Supply or any of the Odes UTVs. I'm replacing a Cushman Turf Truckster from about 1968.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:02 PM
Administrator

Welcome to the forum Ballonjuice!

Debbie has been busy fixing up her new place but I am sure she may be around soon to update this thread and tell us how her Massimo is doing.

So far, they seem to be the best bang for the buck going. I am looking at an Intimidator Truck diesel but the price is almost double what the Massimo sells for.

http://intimidatorutv.com/vehicles/truck/

Intimidator used to be part of Bad Boy Mowers but has apparently been spun off as another individual brand. If they are built like the Bad Boy mowers, they are TOUGH. As tough as they might be and even with the dump bed double the size of most other ATV's, at double the price, I am still leaning towards the Massimo.

George Washington

Tags
500cc, atv, dump bed, massimo, rhino, side by side, tractor supply center, utv, yamaha