Tractor Farm And Family  

Go Back   Tractor Farm And Family > COMPACT UTILITY TRACTORS > COMPACT UTILITY TRACTORS > Massey-Fergusson

Old 06-19-2010, 02:24 PM
Super Moderator

Deberosa will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Deberosa
Massey Ferguson vs John Deere

I now have a Massey Ferguson 1529 to to the work around the farm. I had to smile at this video - which was next on the list after the video of that deep plow in another thread!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...03405182321573

That may not hold true for my 1529, but with 0 interest for 6 full years it's the only one I could get at this point.

Of course they did send me a Massey Fergusson Official Owner's Hat so that's something.

Debbie
Old 06-19-2010, 03:41 PM

flman is on a distinguished road
LOL, looks like the brakes were locked on the Deere, saw the front tires spin backwards, but no movement on the rear? If the Deere dug a hole I might believe it, the JD just had more torque
Old 06-19-2010, 05:28 PM
Administrator
Apprentice Tree Farmacist

TFF Admin is on a distinguished road
My first tractor was a IH Cub 154 Lo Boy. I traded it in on a Kubota L245 and later traded the L245 in on the John Deere 4410 I now have.

The biggest reason I went with the Deere was becuase I knew a friend who was the area John Deere representative and the 4410 I bought was from a guy who was getting a divorce and returned the tractor with 8.6 hours on it. The dealer just wanted what was owed on the tractor after being returned. It was a VERY good deal for me so I went green!

Massey makes good tractors as well. At one point I was considering a Kioti DK90. For now the John Deere 4410 does what I want.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
George Washington

"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer

tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito

Old 06-19-2010, 08:03 PM

flman is on a distinguished road
Don't worry TFF I am not partial to JD, I just knew the guy that owned the dealer and that is what I got. Could have got a New Holland 10 miles further down the road. And I don't know of any MF dealers around my area?